Monday, July 25, 2011
The birds & the bees
I never thought I would have to start explaining the birds & the bees to Jackson at 3 years old!! He has asked me 3 times in the past 24 hours if I have a baby in my belly. While it didn't do much for my self esteem, I tried not to take it personally. There has been quite a bit of "baby talk" in his life lately. He now has 2 aunts that are pregnant. When Aunt Allie & Uncle Adam were visiting a couple of weekends ago we were talking about his new cousin in Aunt Allie's belly. He was very interested & was even giving Aunt Allie's belly kisses. Just a few minutes ago he asked me if he has a baby in his belly! I did my best to explain in the most simple terms that only women who are married can (should) have babies, not 3 year old boys ;-) Lets hope that's the end of it for a few years. I don't need him asking strangers if they have babies in their bellies too! YIKES!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment