Friday, February 17, 2012

A Lovely Valentine's Day

We had a very nice Valentine's Day this past Tuesday.  I do realize it is a Hallmark holiday & all but I still like to try & make the day special.  Jackson had preschool that morning but I wanted to make their favorite breakfast so we (by we I mostly mean me!) got up a tad earlier.  We had pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon & fresh raspberries.  We all ate together for a few minutes which rarely happens on a week morning.  Jackson made it to school on time & was sooo excited for his Valentine party!  We played out in the snow after school for an hour.  They had so much fun sledding & rolling down our "hill" in the back yard.  Haha!  I guess it's big enough for a 3 1/2 & 2 year old because it entertained them for quite a while.  After naptime they got to have their special surprises from Daddy & Mommy.  They got 'Lady & the Tramp' & we watched it right away.  I think I was more excited to see it than they were!  It really brought me back to my childhood for a few minutes :-)  Bill got home & we had a nice dinner together.  I feel so lucky to have the people in my life that I do.  My parents, siblings, in-laws, friends, my children & most importantly my wonderful husband!  I love you all!!


Jackson's new "happy face"...


Enjoying a Valentine lunch


A little something special for our sweeties 

Ella checking out her Valentine gifts

LOVIN the chocolate

Jackson spies some Valentine gifts nearby.  Check out his "Dr. Love" shirt :-)

They have an obsession with angry birds!!

A little strawberry milk, if you please :-)


Trying to have a romantic dinner with candles and all.  After they both blew the candles out a few times each I gave up & turned the lights back on.


I caught them watching 'Rio' on my phone together after breakfast this morning.  This makes me happy!!

How sweet... if only for a moment ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment