Monday, December 19, 2011

The Polar Express & just a bit more decorating

Only 5 more days until Christmas!! I am proud to say I am done shopping & have about 80% of the gifts wrapped.  Only because Bill & I had a marathon wrapping session Sunday afternoon.  The kids & I also got the tree decorated last week.  I am super surprised that they have actually left the decorations & gifts alone.  They know Buddy is watching ;-)  We went to Connersville Friday afternoon to ride the Polar Express to the North Pole to see Santa.  The kids were sooo excited!!  All was going well.  Ella took a nice nap in the van on the way there.  Jackson didn't nap and it started to show about the time we got to the train station.  He all of a sudden got very concerned about our dog, Luke.  He started crying saying he missed Luke & would not let it go.  We got on the train & he calmed down but then started worrying about the van & his blanket as soon as the train started moving.  I think he thought we were going to the North Pole & never coming back, lol! About 5 minutes after the train left the station he/we could't fight it anymore & he fell asleep.  He had a nice cat nap & woke up just in time to see Santa & get a bell from his sleigh.  We have learned the hard way that Ella likes Santa from about 2 feet away.  Much closer & she FREAKS out!  We had a great time & made some fun memories.  

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

A little baseball practice.  Thought this was too cute!

At meal time Ella like to be anywhere but her chair...

Time to decorate the tree :-)

Ella's turn

And now Jackson

Jackson's section ;-)

All done!

On the Polar Express & ready to go the the North Pole!!

Here we go!

Poor little guy :-(

Ella getting her bell from Santa... from a safe distance.

Jackson woke up in time to see Santa!

Like father, like son.

No comments:

Post a Comment