Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving weekend was sooo much fun!  We started out Wednesday night in Rensselaer.  My siblings, Bill & some friends went to the Pub for dinner & then to Sprigz for some fabulous DJ-ing by my brother Adam.  It was the first time I had seen him in action & he did a great job.  I think he really liked my requests of "Hot in Here" & "Yeah" ;-)  Thanks to my mom & dad for watching the kids and for picking us up later that night.  Thursday we went into my grandparents for Thanksgiving lunch. There was so much great food!! My favorite is my grandma's stuffing.  It is de-licious & I had more than my share!  There were 8 kids there under the age of 10 and most were in the 2-4 age range.  There was a lot of running & screaming but they were happy... and burning some energy.  We got in the van & headed back to Rochester for the Frounfelter Thanksgiving dinner.  Thank goodness the kids slept the whole way there.  We all got to meet the newest member of the family.  Bill's brother Adam & his wife Allie had a baby girl, Emmelia Bain, 3 weeks ago.  She is such a sweet & adorable baby!  To say Ella loves her is the understatement of the century.  She wanted to hold her constantly & would get upset & say "my turn" when someone else was holding her.  She was even trying to swap her baby doll to get Emme back in her arms :-)  That Friday we spent at home decorating for Christmas.  I'm glad I got the outside all finished up before all this cold weather set in!  Saturday we had the Newlin Thanksgiving.  It's always fun chatting with everyone & watching the kids play.  I almost forgot to mention that I had laryngitis from November 22 until yesterday, the 30.  I felt pretty lucky considering all the sickbugs that are going around but not being able to talk is no fun.
Taking after his Uncle Adam with the games...

My first time out in Rensselaer on the night before Thanksgiving & my baby brother was DJ-ing!  Saw some people I haven't seen since I graduated from high school 10 years ago!! Geez, I'm getting old :-/

Dinner with my beautiful sisters :-)
Fun with my fantastic husband!



Dinner at my grandparents on Thanksgiving Day 2011


Off to the Frounfelter Thanksgiving feast & nap time; Thank goodness!!

Ella holding her baby cousin Emmelia for the 1st time :-)

Sweet kisses for Emme.  Seeing the two of them together was beyond adorable!

Ella also had kisses for Bennett :-)

Most of Granddad & Grandma Newlin's great grandkids playing, plus Ingrid feeding Bennett.  Emme was probably having a snack too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment