Wednesday, December 7, 2011

We've decked the halls!!

In the short 5 years we have had lived in our home I have accumulated quite a few Christmas decorations.  Some of my new favorites are our Elf on the Shelf.  This is the best invention EVER!! My children are nowhere near perfect angels but "Buddy" has really made them think about their actions.  In the past few weeks I have seen Jackson share more with Ella than ever before.  He also will say "Mommy, please don't tell Buddy" as soon as he has done something he shouldn't when we aren't home.  He also thinks he need to report to Buddy how good he has been that day in case Buddy missed it.  Buddy doesn't stop Ella quite so easily.  I'll remind her he is watching her when she's not being nice & she says "Santa no bring me horsey??"  Another new favorite are our stockings.  I got them from Pottery Barn Kids & had our names embroidered on them.  I'm also happy I finally found a pretty angel for the top of our tree.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find but after 3 years our angel has found her home.  She was on sale to boot :-)  Finally, I'm loving the way the garland turned out this year.  I'm sure Bill thinks I'm crazy for messing with it for as long as I do but it sure looks pretty when it's done!  Enjoy the pictures.

This is our elf "Buddy" & I LOVE him!!  I will be really sad when it's time for him to leave :-(

Christmas countdown calendar 

Nativity set that my godparents have given me pieces to over the years.

Crystal mistletoe ornament 

The front door all decked out

Some new decorations I bought this year

We hung the stockings on the china cabinet this year since it was right next to the tree.  I hope Santa won't be confused!

Here she is!!


The kitchen table decor

Some pretty plates 



I love this lantern I got from Green Oak!  I just change the inside decorations according to the season.  

Our outside lights.  It's not much but Bill won't let me get on the roof ;-)

Welcome!!

Our tree from Snipes Christmas Tree Farm.  It's the prettiest one we've ever had!  I will finish decorating it soon.  I just know as soon as I get the decorations on a couple of someones will be taking them off.

The cute little tree in Jackson's room, complete with train set :-)
Pretty garland with lights on top of the kitchen cabinets  
Garland over our back door

No comments:

Post a Comment